HELLO: I AM SAIR IMDAD
I belong to a village called Chamkani,Peshawar city in Pakistan. Peshawar is situated on the North West of Pakistan.The population of Pakistan is over 200 million. i am living in Galway since 2006 and i am working as assistant manager in Dean retail ltd (spar) I am MSc CCAFS (Climate change agriculture and food security) student at NUIG. Previously i have done my Masters in Agricultural Economics from AUP (Agricultural University Peshawar Pakistan), and Masters in Economic policy planning and evaluation from NUIG.
My previous thesis was on Micro finance boosting employment. does micro credit boost employment for the poor people in villages? through micro credit the banks gives small loan for small businesses with very soft terms and conditions. the results were quite significant micro finance actually helps the poor people to come out from poverty and live a reasonable life style.
Ireland climate is changing.
- A temperature increase of 0.7 degree Celsius from 1890 to 2008, and further increases of up to 2.6 degree Celsius is expected.
- Fewer frost days, more storms, increased annual rainfall in Northern /western areas, and impacts on flooding, water quality and cold spells.
My thesis for this CCAFS is ECONOMIC ASSESSMENT OF CO-BENEFIT OF CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION INITIATIVES ON PUBLIC HEALTH IN IRELAND.
RESEARCH OBJECTIVES, DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
- To identify what large-scale mitigation activities are currently planned for Ireland and quantify their cost of implementation.
- To determine the economic costs of different public health problems.
- To quantify what economic contribution different large-scale mitigation programs (and planned programs) could make to reducing the cost associated with different health problems.
- To scenario map and rank planned mitigation activities in relation to their impacts on different health problems in Ireland.
- The methodology will make use of surveys, literature reviews and collection of data from health services and other governmental agencies. climate impacts will be assessed for respiratory and chronic diseases, including asthma, respiratory conditions, allergies and airway diseases, and associated health care infrastructure , capacities and skills needed.
See also my bibiography